My name is Danielle! I am a mom of five barefoot kiddos who love to join me in my gardening and homesteading adventures. Follow me as I make big plans in small spaces!
Big Plans in Small Spaces
Our family has bought one acre of land in southern Utah where we are making plans to raise some of our meat, grow our own fruits and veggies, and live a more sustainable life. I love being outside. I love creating a space where our family can grow and thrive. Raising my kids on a homestead is my way of doing this. We don’t have a lot of land, but I believe that anyone, no matter where they live, can have a homesteader’s mentality, become more self sufficient, and create the life they feel strongly that they should live!
Learn along side me here and on my Youtube channel. I give organic advice with things I have done myself. Things we currently have in the works:
Orchard: I am growing little fruit trees and I am taking you through the pruning process.
Vegetable garden: I have a garden space that is about 150’x50′ long. I am prepping this space to grow our own food. I am also saving up for a high tunnel to grow year round
Berry Patch: I have hundreds of berry plants that we will tend to and nurture.
Animals: We are getting rabbits first, then chickens and Goats.
These things take TIME. Watch us as we take our little desert and turn it into a homesteader’s paradise!
A few fun facts about me:
- I am a long distance runner at heart. I ran cross-country and track in college. Now I am in love with running ultra marathons and completed a 50 mile trail run after my 4th baby!
- If you can’t tell by now, I adore nature. My favorite way to explore new places is by doing multi-day backpacking trips with my husband, Nate.
- Nate and I met on the cross country team in college.
- I am terrified of jellyfish.
- My very first garden consisted of one pepper plant and one tomato plant. Neither of which went well!
- I am currently pregnant with our 5th baby!
Feel free to explore Nurtured Seed Homestead for something that speaks to you. Reach out with questions on how I can help you build your own garden or homestead!